Friday, February 22, 2008

Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful...

Actually, it's pretty awesome. It's been raining and misting. The drive in to work was absolutely gorgeous. There was some amazing low-lying mist in the valleys and covering the foothills so you could hardly seem them. I love days like this - they are stunning and make me feel cozy.
I'm sure that doesn't make much sense coming from a Los Angeles native, but:

a) We never get weather like this
b) My early childhood was spent in San Francisco
c) I've been wanting to move to a greener (and thus more rainy) area for at least 4 years now.

I wish I could take a day to go camping or something in the misty mists, but the snow line is also coming down and the last person who did something like that in weather like this got lost and they haven't found him. :( So, I'm just hanging at work, looking longingly out the window. I wish we had snow days here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, yeah, if you're looking for "misty, windy, and cold", San Francisco is the place. :-) And I mean that in the most positive way possible. :-)

I could probably go without the "cold and windy", but the "misty" is often pretty cool. :-)

Of course, if on the other hand you're looking for "rainy, muggy, hot, and boring but full of nice people", then gooooo Florida!! :-D

-Max

Julia said...

Well, San Francisco is my second favorite city in the whole world (well, maybe third favorite after Venice and Rome in Italy). I love Florida, too - I have some family down there.

But, if anyone is looking to live in a dry, smoggy place that has a lot of great films (indie and otherwise) and is super expensive - come on out to SoCal! :)

The grass is always greener... as they say.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Wow, I've never been to Venice and Rome, but I have SO wanted to go there. If I ever get married and have a honeymoon, Rome is where I want to go.

I love SF, though. :-) I don't actually live in the City, but my grandparents do, and my mom lives pretty close. And I live close enough that I'm up there a good amount. :-)

And hahahaha, yeah, I was born in SoCal. I actually do have kind of a fondness for it, even though it's hot, dry, and weird. :-)

-Max

Julia said...

When you are planning your honeymoon, I can recommend some fantastic tour guides and things to do in Rome. It's amazing and you won't ever regret going there! :)

I wish I lived closer to SF. :( I think you get a special fondness for the place you are born no matter what. Although I gripe about SoCal, I like it here too.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, awesome, I will keep that in mind if I ever plan my honeymoon. There's somewhat of a chance I might be in a uniform if that ever happens and not be able to do much honeymooning, though... :-) (I dunnow, really, just thinking about possibilities for the future.)

Hahaha, yeah, I know what you mean about the places you're born.

-Max